Wednesday, March 24, 2010

The First Date


My first day with the assembled Salsa Fargo... I am in love. Took the new bike out for a lunch time ride today. The sun was shining, a bit cool but with plenty of layers a perfect day for the bike. A a small 6-7 mile loop around work stopping occasionally to make some adjustments, raise the seat, align the handlebars and fork.... At 60 PSI the tires rolled with ease. I am definitely seated up straight, and can actually enjoy the drops with out straining my back with a standard road bike. Saw Dan was at home for lunch and stopped by. he was out walking but Amy was around and took a look, she thought it was a "girls" bike because of the steep slope of the top tube...silly girl this is a manly mans bike if I ever saw one! 5 water bottle holders, 29" tires only a man could think up a bike like this.

Got home and took it for a ride in the woods with the dogs. Sadie @ 14 years was a bit slow, but kept up with us. I went out with the tires still at 60 PSI, and it felt like I was riding a hardtail bike (6 years on a full suspension has made me soft). I let some air out for the ride back and it was a completely different bike.I was quite impressed with the way it handled, the only trouble was in the patched of deep snow , but most bikes are squirrelly in the snow.

Still struggling a bit with the bar end shifters, but they should become natural with a few more rides.

No comments:

Post a Comment